Skip to main content

Slimline Scene Builder Card - Soak Up the Fun… Hope your Birthday is a Splash!

Hi there, I’m here to share another scene builder card. This time on an outdoor scene! Check it out! 

Likewise, I cut out all the pieces of paper first with my paper trimmer. A background piece, 3 long strips of paper for foreground and middle ground and 2 smaller pieces of paper for the sides. 
Then, using Lawn Fawn, stitched simple wavy borders, I die cut the long strips to create the ocean scene.
 
Next, I inked the strips with various shades of blue. I used Hero Arts Shadow Ink: Mint Julep; Tide Pool, Pool and Navy. 

For the background, I used Lawn Fawn, 'Palm tree border' lawn cut and inked it with distress oxide: Vintage photo, rusty hinge, mustard seed and mowed lawn. 

I decided to use the smooth sailing stamp set and the coordinating lawn cut from Lawn Fawn and a cute whale 🐳 from MFT for this card. 

The colouring is done with copic markers. 

Finally, the fun part, I arranged all the images and used the sentiments from MFT to complete the card. 

Hope it inspires you! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slimline Scene Builder Card: You Leveled Up! (It's Your B-Day)

Hello! I am really  really excited to share my slimline scene builder card on my blog.  For this card,  I was inspired by Mama Elephant Scenescape Builder creative cuts that I was so tempted to buy it but did not. Hence, without the specialty dies, I came out with my own measurements for the various parts to form this 3D display card.  With my paper trimmer, I cut out the base for the background 6.25 by 3.5 inches, the foreground piece 7.25 by 1 inches and the two pieces by the side 2.25 by 2 inches.  Next, I inked the background with distress ink (aged mahogany & walnut stain) and oxide (abandoned coral) and MFT Small Brick Wall stencil. As for the foreground and side, I simply used distress ink (black soot) and distress oxide (walnut stain).    I also prepared two strips of paper for the middle ground. Here's a quick look at the pieces with measurements. I further trimmed some of the pieces to ensure they fit.    Once all the pieces for the slimline card are ready, I coloured

3D Display Card 1

Hey all, it has been a while since I last updated my blog. Busy and having fun creating all these 3D display cards. Once again, I would like to thank Jennifer McGuire for the inspiration. I have many people asking about the dimensions of the card so I’m going to share it today.  I created my own template using the rainbow arch from Mama Elephant slim scene scape rainbow add on. Check out the dimensions below.  Next, I die cut the slopes using Lawn Fawn stitched hillside borders and created a path.  For the background, I stamped, embossed and inked it.   Lastly, I stamped the adorable Christmas-themed critters, coloured and assembled them.   Thanks for dropping by and hope you like it. 😊  

From the Whole Herd Birthday card

 Today, I’m sharing a very simple birthday card.  I’m planning to participate in the MFT Wednesday Sketch challenge.  For this card, I started with the stamping of the sentiments first. With that as a reference, I picked 3 sentiments and stamped them on the 3 strips of paper.  Then, with Prima marketing inc. stencil, I inked the background of the card with distress oxide (rusty hinge and vintage photo).  I chose the stamp set, ‘The Whole Herd’ from MFT for this card. This is a stamp set that I’ve bought many years back and still in good condition. I stamped it on a beige paper and decided to use colour pencils. For colouring with colouring pencils, I usually start with the light colours as a base colour and I will gradually build up the colours, layering and blending the colours.   Once done, I fussy cut the stamped animals as I did not buy the die cut previously.  Next, with foam dots, I arranged the animals and paste them the bigger strip of beige paper.   Finally, I assembled everyt